Moose was down supervising in the studio yesterday and he said that it’s never too early for Halloween. I got a pile of new stencils from the Crafters Workshop and there’s a ‘cubist’ one that made me think of Klimt, which made me think of one of the many skeleton/Death stamps I have (hey, it ain’t all pink flowers here), this one from Nonsequitur. I was thinking of doing something dimensional with the stencil, like molding paste, then I suddenly remembered that I have some Distress crackle paint, which would be perfect if it worked. My new motto is “If you’re going to screw up, do it at full speed.” (Daryl “Moose” Johnston) Honestly, I thought there was a good chance of it working as long as the crackle paint wasn’t too hard to control.
So here’s the result of the first experiment. Should have done the transfer before the sprays, since I used Dylusions, which react with water–and gel medium–but this is pretty much the look I was after. I’m working on a small canvas where I’ve used the stamp at actual size.