Plastered

Standard

Not much going on down in the studio these days. Too hot! I did manage to work on this spread in stages, based on one of Donna Downey's recent Inspiration Wednesday videos. I started off exactly like she did, with Tim Holtz tissue paper and joint compound (not plaster), with acrylic paint over. Then I decided to use some batik flowers I cut ages ago with the Alterations Tattered Floral die (I think) and buttons. I used a Stabilo All pencil for the stems but it bled onto some of the flowers. In the words of Dina Wakely, oops, oh well. I like how they look otherwise. I colored in the leaves a bit with Neocolor crayons and glued buttons down as centers. Some Donna Downey stamps and Neocolor crayon around the edge to finish. Be sure to seal the joint compound when it dries or it rubs off quite easily and loses all the interesting texture. Kind of a ho-hum design but I was done looking at the background and wanted to move on. And get out of the heat. Rather than be bold, I just did what made me happy at the time. <snark>

 

I've started another spread in a bigger journal using the same technique but I had to come up for air. And I have no idea where it's going, either.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s