Monthly Archives: December 2013

Lost, found, and reworked

Standard

A month has flown by since I posted last. Incredible. I've always kept the holiday hubbub to a minimum, but I've been investing energy in plenty of other places and suddenly the end of the year is nigh.

I've been spending time in the studio–some of it cleaning!–mostly on experiments and not so many finished pieces. I've got pieces from all the Text & Image lessons, just nothing to the point it feels ready to put out there. And some of them are lost in the piles I've been moving around, along with a couple of other things I'm looking for. Sigh.

I did work more on one lesson 3 piece at Jane's suggestion, and toned it down. You can see the previous stage in an earlier post. Definitely less overpowering. I think it still may not be done but here's the next stage:

I have found things while cleaning the studio, too, one of which has triggered some experiments I'm pretty lit up about. I also found my box of Secondary Color Canvas pieces, so I'm committed to doing some serious work on that project in the coming months. I think it's a good idea to go into a new year with intentions rather than resolutions. In fact, 'Intention' is my word for 2014. One of my intentions is to put my word for the year 'out there' more, so here's a start!