I created this journal from Gelli prints as something I could take on vacation with me–and something to use all those Gelli prints!
I cut every 9 x 12 print in four 3 x 9 pieces and used the Rubi-Coil to bind them. Not sure how the cover came about other than an excess of white spray paint that then dried and stuck the stencil I was using to the paper, requiring some tearing to remove it. I like the texture.
I'm planning to use this in both horizontal and vertical formats. If I can bring myself to do anything, that is. Some of the prints are pretty cool as they are!
Finished! I think. At least I'm far enough along that I can hold it in my hands and leaf through the pages. I may string some beads on the spine cords if I can find some beads I like. There are 14 signatures and the cover is acrylic-painted anaglypta wallpaper. I wanted to make a true softcover book with just the wallpaper but decided that I'd need a little more strength so I used pieces of a cereal box. I got the idea for the spine from a YouTube video–don't remember whose–when I was looking for tape binding tutorials.
Some of the prints can stand as is and some are dying for embellishment. I imagine this as an art journal with only some pages used for journaling. I used LOTS of commercial stencils and masks and some of my own made with commercial hand-cuts and die-cuts. These are mainly Gelli plate and gelatin prints but some are spray-paint stencil prints I made last weekend. I may do some more of these if our weekend is as nice as its supposed to be.