Going to put up some work that’s been ongoing and newer stuff, just to see whether I keep at it. I may mix in other things. Life changes.
Have been working on these for ages. This is what they looked like last June. The center and right ones are probably done. The left one? Not so much.
Here's a canvas I painted for a friend. It took me much of the last half of last year, but I wasn't in a real hurry. Sunset colors were the only instructions. She loves the beach, though, and I promised her a castle. This is what came of that.
Here's the second in my deli paper print series. Much the same as the first but I forgot the white layer.
I'm finally getting around to posting the two pieces i finished for Jane Davies' text and image online class. I thought I'd get more done but too many things going on and I'm not thrilled with the text I've collected. I probably need to collect a better class of junk mail. 🙂 Anyway, here are the two pieces I've done:
I had a good time working on blending the image into the background. It was very restful, which is strange because I usually fuss over that sort of thing.
I did a little more with this background because I thought the image was strong enough that it would still dominate.
I'll definitely play around more with this lesson when I get a chance.
Color workshop assignment in progress…
Remember that song? I mean the old one, by the Monkees. 😉 This spread in my Moleskine journal started as several waste strips from a Tim Hotz alpha die from different papers: a map, an old dictionary page, and Coredinations paper. Glued those down with Collage Pauge and painted over with matte acrylics mixed with gesso. I did some really light stamping with black Archival and a text stamp and wondered what to do next. 😉 I noticed some Ranger glossy cardstock I hadn't used yet and decided to do something I haven't done in ages: use a photo stamp. First, though, I wanted to try some techniques that were the reason I bought that cardstock in the first place. I got out some alcohol inks and the alcohol (70%, the non-drinking kind) and played around. I used two regular colors of Adirondack and the silver metallic. I had too much silver to start and had to work a bit to move it out of the center. I used the rubbing alcohol to create lighter areas, splats and splotches. I kept working it until I was happy with the look, even using white Dylusions spray and wiping it off at one point to mute the brightness some. Then I got out the brayer and the black Archival. I think this might be a stamp by Elements but I have no idea. It's one of the last photo stamps I bought, years ago, at Ruby Dog's Art House in Vancouver. I remember when photo stamps were the rage and going through piles of glossy cardstock trying to get a perfect stamped image. Gah. This is good enough. What looks like white is silver; that's glare.
I put some washi tape down first as a sort of frame and stuck the photo down with foam tape. Then I added the quote–found on Pinterest–using letters from that Tim Holtz alphabet die. I finished off by rubbing some black Archival around the photo and on and around the edges of the pages. It really makes pages more dimensional so don't skip it!